Acerca de Hiscox
At the centre of our business are our underwriters; each with a proven track record and significant expertise in their respective fields. The MGA platform, which provides capacity, claims, regulatory, compliance and operational support allows them to concentrate on what they do best; getting out into the markets and building a profitable book of business.
As an underwriting insurance intermediary our focus is twofold; the establishment of long term relationships with our partner capacity providers and the development of vibrant broker and coverholder networks which have specialist market access. These networks are growing continuously and we are looking to expand the lines of business written and the geographies that we operate in. If you would like to discuss becoming part of the Hiscox MGA or its network please contact any one of the contacts listed below.
The strength of our business comes from the quality and reliability of our partnerships
Meet our leadership team
Why use Hiscox MGA?
For our insureds:
- Competitive rates based on our understanding of our specific markets.
- Localised or specialist claims handling giving superior customer service.
- Wordings specialists who aim to provide policy coverage to meet your needs.
For our partner carriers:
- An agile and innovative business looking to create regional and local insurance solutions.
- A cost effective and low risk mechanism to give market entry.
- Specialists in managing delegated authorities, reducing coverholder management risk.
For our broker network:
- Access to high quality underwriting teams who pride themselves on service.
- An 'open door' to new ideas and initiatives.
- A line size which aims to minimise transaction costs.
How we work
Hiscox MGA has a worldwide remit and is building a long-term partner network of both brokers and highly rated capacity providers. Hiscox MGA underwriters (and our selected coverholders) write on capacity provided by Hiscox and other Lloyd's and non-Lloyd's carriers. This allows us to provide tailored wordings and a market significant line-size. Being a member of the Hiscox Group the MGA benefits from rigorous underwriting and claims management systems, a sophisticated IT platform and, above all, teams of people who have an unrelenting desire to excel underpinned by a belief in the Hiscox Values.
Our underwriting philosophy
Profitable underwriting rather than pure premium growth is key to what we do. We achieve this through employing expert underwriters, giving them the right tools to analyse and rate a risk and by very careful exposure management. Developing strong, long term partnerships with our capacity providers is achieved by making considerable effort to fully understanding their risk appetite and then working to it. Our binder structures and commission arrangements help to ensure our interests are fully aligned. Integrity, transparency, innovation and efficiency will help us to continue to grow market share.